Dragon 7970 Continued
For all of the fins in the stacks, we find that the end fin we saw in the last image is what is used throughout the stack, and they have alternated the fins to give them this offset layout that we see here. This allows for both a bit of air pressure to be built up prior to air entering the fins, and once there, it is buffeted to get the most out of that air flow.
When we look at the cooler from the bottom, we can obviously see the hard plastic cover that ships on the base of the cooler to keep it protected and as smooth as when it left the factory. It is easy to see, with the base plate as perspective, that the Dracula will cover even the longest single GPU solutions from expansion slot to power plugs.
This is only one of the sets of hardware, but this is what comes pre-installed for use. We did find it a bit strange, though, that this is the HD 7970 edition of this cooler, yet these mounting holes will not work. We have to swap out these mounting legs for ones provided in the hardware kit.
Laying the thermal grease tube across the base, we do see that it is an almost perfect mirror shine to the base. However, there are small imperfections in the surface, and this base is ever so slightly convex but still mates well to the GPU core.
Something that is really tough to see, and we almost missed getting this image as well. We see that the Dracula also has an extruded aluminum pre-cooler mounted to the top of the base to allow heat to be taken into that immediately and help offset the heat load being delivered into the pipes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- COD: Black Ops 4 multiplayer could be inspired by Overwatch
- AMD Combat Crate: CPU, GPU, motherboard combo from MSI
- Detroit: Become Human gets gold mastered, demo coming soon
- Lootbox and skin trade to make $50 billion by 2022
- Yakuza devs making new IP for SEGA
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit