One great feature of the StarTech 2636CABINET is its quick-deployment capability. The cabinet arrives pre-assembled and ready to go. All of the necessary fasteners are included. There is no real case set-up required. The mobile aspect of the rack makes installing, removing, and adjusting equipment a snap.
The solid-steel and extruded aluminum exterior has an attractive black finish and rounded corners and edges. Do not let the pretty exterior fool you, though, as the StarTech 2636 is a utilitarian workhorse. Its robust design is resilient and handles up to 2210 pounds of equipment. We have utilized the cabinet for several months, and its sturdy design has easily stood up to the wear and tear of our constant equipment changes.
The heavy construction of the unit is reassuring, and we have no qualms whatsoever storing heavy equipment on top of the unit during equipment changes. Users beware, this is not explicitly approved, but the solid steel design is certainly strong enough to handle the weight easily.
The reversible doors allow for easy access regardless of the cabinet's orientation, and the ability to remove them entirely is a nice advantage. The wheels provide an easy means of accessing the rear of the rack, but are easily lockable to prevent unwanted movement. The stabilizers and levelers are extremely robust and can lift the wheels off the floor for more permanent and secure deployments.
Front clearance is adequate for forward facing networking equipment, such as our 1Gbe and 10Gbe switches. Rear clearance can be tricky for larger server cases. The ability to move the cable management harnesses alleviates some of the cramping to the rear of the cabinet, and users can remove the rear door if required.
Perhaps the only improvable area is on the cooling front. The fans draw air in through a filter that is located on the rear of the unit. The location of the filter is convenient for easy removal and cleaning, but does not provide the best airflow location. We feel that a filter placed underneath at the front of the unit would allow for better airflow into the front of our server equipment. This fresh air would be heated and then exhausted to the rear fans for removal. Most users with small to mid-size equipment deployments will not face any problems, but those with heavy usage profiles will need to monitor equipment temperatures.
The most redeeming quality of the unit is its sturdy build and its easy customization. Users can move or remove the lockable doors as needed, and use the unit for stationary or mobile applications. The wide range of available accessories will provide users with ample options for multiple usages. The lifetime warranty is reassuring, and the wide availability of the StarTech rack is an advantage. Readers can purchase the 2636CABINET from StarTech.com or Amazon, and quick shipping options can place a very heavy crate at your door quickly.
The StarTech 15U 19-inch Server Rack 2636 Cabinet is a robust and sturdy design that is customizable enough to address a multitude of deployment scenarios, which earns it the TweakTown Editor's Choice Award.
PRICING: You can find the StarTech 15U 19-inch Server Rack 2636 Cabinet for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The StarTech 15U 19-inch Server Rack 2636 Cabinet retails for $1,012.87 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony may further experiment with portable gaming
- Sony's PS4 DualShock 4 gamepad: the most popular controller
- Tekken 7 receives a free DLC to celebrate 1-year anniversary
- Batman: Arkham developer to announce Superman game before E3
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance's modding tools/DLC's will be free
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit