Moving to the inside of the case and we see the first and obvious problem as ThermalTake did with previous Xaser cases. A quick shout out to ThermalTake - "People want Motherboard Trays!" These little and seemingly unimportant commodities really do make life so much easier when it comes to installing.
This particular model is slightly smaller than a full tower but also slightly larger than a midi tower. It is that happy medium where it makes installation of a motherboard easier than a midi tower but not so big that when you take it to your local LAN you're not going to put your back out of place.
ThermalTake have placed fans just about everywhere and not enough airflow will be a problem of the past. We have a number of fans within the case and two different kinds are found. Some of the fans feature blue LEDs and this is one particular upgrade that we have on the Xaser 5 over previous models.
Having a look through the inside of the case we will start at the top of the case. First up we see where the cables for the Firewire, USB and audio ports come down and in the same area we have an 80mm fan to help extract hot air that rises. This combined with a PSU fan or two really helps reduce heat as you can push a lot of air out the top.
As we said before just about everything with in the case can be installed with rails. This makes the overall installation of the case so much easier and as you can see we have plenty of room here for all your CDROM drives.
One very important question when it comes to cases is, "how hard is it to set up?" Due to the missing motherboard tray, we thought instillation would have been more difficult than it was. It was nice to see that the case has little screws that point out of the tray that help make the motherboard instillation extremely easy as you can use them as a guide and simply sit the motherboard on top and go from there.
Due to the case being a great size it was easy to move around in and the installation of hard drives, PCI cards a Graphics Card took no effort at all. Everything in the case is virtually screwless which makes life a lot easier when it comes to searching for that screw driver which you can never seem to find when it is most needed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series