Looking at the card, you can see there's really not much to it. We've got a small footprint, no power connector or SLI connector, and a small fan. We expect partners to make the offerings look a little fancier, as the reference one doesn't really wet our appetite. The size of the cooler is slightly worrying, and the smaller fans tend to be a bit louder then we like. We'll find out more, though, when we get to the noise levels of the card.
Looking above, you can see we're dealing with just a single slot card and cooler. There is clearly a focus on size when it comes to the card due to the small footprint and the thin design. As for the expansion side of things, you can see we're dealing with a pair of Dual Link DVI connectors, with one being DVI-D and the other being DVI-I.
Along with this, you can see we've got a Mini HDMI connector on the far left of the card. While not pictured here, an option for DisplayPort is also offered. We're sure it's something we'll see some companies offer.
Taking a look below, you can see just what we're dealing with today when it comes to key specifications. On the CUDA Core front, you can see we're dealing with 640 on the new 28nm Maxwell core. This is the first Maxwell core from NVIDIA and is said to bring with it improved power efficiency.
We'll get to take a closer look at this later when we check out the power draw on the model. As for the clock speed, the GM107 silicon comes with a base clock of 1,020MHz and is boosted to 1,085MHz via NVIDIA's "Boost Clock" feature.
As for the memory side of things, the particular one we're looking at today comes with 2GB of GDDR5 memory on a 128-bit memory bus at 5,400MHz QDR. Along with this model, companies will also have the ability to launch a 1GB version of the card, which will come in slightly cheaper at $139.
This particular model is still a few weeks away, though, from being launched. Hopefully we'll get the chance to take a look at one later down the track.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit