Accessories and Documentation
Since the hardware comes in the box in separated sections, we are going to show them in those groups. Here, we have the Intel mounting kit that provides a back plate for all Intel installations (other than LGA2011), a pair of top brackets to lock the back plate to the motherboard, and they also include a rubber LGA775 pressure ring to use with the back plate for those systems.
Next in line was a bag full of screws and knurled nuts. At the top are the standoffs for AMD and Intel mounting, and they come with nylon washers already on them to isolate the top of the motherboard. In the middle is the LGA2011 mounting hardware that can only be used on that particular socket. At the bottom are nuts to secure the top mounting brackets, standoffs, and the back plate, all into one cohesive unit prior to mounting the cooler.
For the AMD users out there, CRYORIG has provided an omni-directional mounting plate so that this cooler will orientate correctly in the chassis, and they also provide you with a back plate that has a layer of plastic applied to isolate the plate from the motherboard. Also, notice that the back plate already has the screws in place, just like we saw with the Intel plate.
The last bits of hardware come as the universal kit. Here, you can find wire fan clips for attaching another 140mm fan, both in standard, and thin variations. In the middle there is a tube of CP9 Cryo-Paste, a Y-splitter to power the fans, four rubber pads for that extra fan (or replacements if you lose some). There is also an alcohol pad to prep the base, and the CPU HIS, along with a long black Phillips screwdriver to mount the cooler more easily.
Also, in the hardware box, you will find the manual, and the registration card. The manual is set up to give five steps to mounting the cooler to any motherboard, and it does take less than five minutes to install, or at least for me it did. The renderings are really good, and there is also sufficient text to grasp the concepts if the images just aren't doing it for you.
As an added bonus, and for more testing in a three fan configuration, CRYORIG also sent another XF140mm fan for us to use.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CRYORIG R1 Ultimate CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Smash Bros. Ultimate/Pokemon: Let's Go to bump Switch sales
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- G-Technology Mobile SSD R Series 1TB Review
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions