Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The CRYORIG R1 Ultimate is of course a dual tower cooler, but each tower is comprised of two separate sections of fins. The front half of each tower consists of 42 fins, but the rear half of the towers each have stacks of 53 fins. This is the Jet Fin Acceleration system, which uses the laws of fluid dynamics, where if airflow is squeezed, it will also increase in its speed. Both towers stand 168.3mm tall, they are 140mm in width, and with the fans installed, they are 130mm long. One other thing to consider is that with the fans on the cooler body, the R1 Ultimate weighs in at a hefty 1282 grams.
To take the heat from the CPU, the R1 Ultimate uses a copper base that has seven heat pipes spread across the base in their Heat pipe Convex Align System. This simply means that the further from the center of the base the heat pipes are, the more they are actually raised in the base. The seven pipes are also soldered into the aluminum fins via their DirectCompress solder method, which offers up to 10% more surface contact over other methods. The heat will then rise through the fins in their Heatsink Displacement Optimization.
Here, the idea is simple: Since heat from the pipes radiates into the aluminum in a radial pattern, CRYORIG has offset the pipes across the span of the fins to allow heat to be sent to different areas; whereas a typical straight line has two pipes dumping into the same general area.
Then, of course, you are given a pair of XFR140mm fans to cool the R1 Ultimate. These fans are 25mm deep, and 140mm in height and width. These fans also have rubber pads applied to their corners to keep vibrations and chatter at bay. The fans can spin at speeds from 700 to 1300 RPM, and can deliver up to 76 CFM each. While there isn't much on the chart otherwise, for say static pressure, or starting voltages, but it does claim that these fans should not exceed 23 dB(A) of noise level while in operation.
Currently, as I put this review together, all we know is that this cooler has a supposed release date of January 2014. As we sit halfway through the month at this point, we still see no availability in retail or e-tailer markets. In fact, when you visit the site and look for a store near you, there is nothing provided under any of the tabs on their page. While it may be a little bit before we actually see this cooler start to flood the market, it is rumored that they have set the MSRP for the R1 Ultimate at $89.95.
In comparison to other top-tier cooling solutions, this seems to be on point, and by itself, should be no reason to pass on this design. Hopefully they can get supply levels up so that this CRYORIG R1 Ultimate can be widely available, as I believe that there are going to be quite a few of you out there looking to get one of your very own.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [CRYORIG R1 Ultimate CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- Red Dead Online microtransactions are live
- Areca ARC-8050U3 USB-C RAID DAS Review
- https www.supplementcyclopedia.com mydxadryl-male-enhancement-canada
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire