The Test System and Thermal Results
I would first like to thank ASUS, InWin, Corsair, and Fractal Design for supplying products for me to test with. To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
During this test, we allowed the pump to run at full speed, which was reporting through the motherboard at 5600 RPM. Confusing, I know. One place says 5400, another says 5700, and ours ran at 5600; go figure. The fans were receiving 7.5V of power, and were spinning at 1265 RPM.
With all of that set, we let the rounds of testing loose. While the system idled at 27.25 degrees, once the load was applied at stock settings, the temperatures climbed to 50.25 degrees. Not the best on the charts, but only 2.5 degrees out of the top slot.
For the overclocked run, the pump was still at 5600 RPM, but this time the fans were full steam, and reporting speeds at 1721 RPM. While at stock, the SkyWater 330 was outperformed by some of the AIOs; when we let it do its job in this test, we found the performance to be very good. Sliding into the fourth spot at 68.58 degrees average is great for such a cost efficient solution.
Although the Glacer is still top dog, the SkyWater 330 is only two degrees out of the top slot. Considering the thinner tubing, the block being used here, along with other small factors, I think the Larkooler kit does a really good job thermally.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jagex showcase Old School RuneScape in-game statistics
- 'The Witcher 3' developers possibly working on Switch title
- PlayStation CEO says Sony has an eye on multiplayer/co-op
- Netflix pull future 'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' seasons
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!