The Test System and Thermal Results
I would first like to thank ASUS, InWin, Corsair, and Fractal Design for supplying products for me to test with. To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article for that information.
During this test, we allowed the pump to run at full speed, which was reporting through the motherboard at 5600 RPM. Confusing, I know. One place says 5400, another says 5700, and ours ran at 5600; go figure. The fans were receiving 7.5V of power, and were spinning at 1265 RPM.
With all of that set, we let the rounds of testing loose. While the system idled at 27.25 degrees, once the load was applied at stock settings, the temperatures climbed to 50.25 degrees. Not the best on the charts, but only 2.5 degrees out of the top slot.
For the overclocked run, the pump was still at 5600 RPM, but this time the fans were full steam, and reporting speeds at 1721 RPM. While at stock, the SkyWater 330 was outperformed by some of the AIOs; when we let it do its job in this test, we found the performance to be very good. Sliding into the fourth spot at 68.58 degrees average is great for such a cost efficient solution.
Although the Glacer is still top dog, the SkyWater 330 is only two degrees out of the top slot. Considering the thinner tubing, the block being used here, along with other small factors, I think the Larkooler kit does a really good job thermally.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series