Specifications, Availability and Pricing
As you can see above, be quiet! has put together a really full chart for the Dark Rock Pro 3. They start off with the main specifications like height, weight, and compatibility. The Dark Rock Pro 3 stands 163mm tall, is 137mm wide, and it is 150mm long. Inside of those dimensions, be quiet! is packing in 1197 grams of copper and aluminum, and this includes the weight of the fans. They also make mention of one of the more important features, and that is the top-tier rating of 250W TDP for this cooler.
As far as the compatibility is concerned, the DRP3 will affix to any Intel socket from LGA775 through LGA2011, and all AMD sockets from 754 and right on through AM3+ on mainstream motherboards. This cooler also includes a 120mm SilentWings PWM fan on the front, and a 135mm version in the middle of the towers, which they have specified to produce no more than 26.1 dB(A) of noise when at full speed.
For the heat sink, dimensions are: 123mm in length, 133mm in width without the fan clips, and the height stays the same since the fans sit lower than the top plate. There are a total of ninety fins in both towers, or forty-five aluminum fins in each tower. As for the base, the bottom is nickel plated copper, but the top half is made from aluminum, and is skived to allow it to remove a bit of heat as well.
Out of that base, you will see seven 6mm diameter heat pipes, just like in the Dark Rock Pro 2, but this time their alignment has been changed. Also, every part, except for the brushed aluminum top plate, has black nickel plating applied for looks, anti-oxidation purposes, and to smooth out some of the imperfections in the base and fins.
For the specifications of the SilentWing PWM fans used on this cooler, we move to the lower section of the chart. There we can see that the 135mm fan in the middle is capable of speeds of 1400 RPM, while delivering 67.8CFM of airflow. The 2.1mm H2O static pressure rating it offers is also nice. As for the 120mm version on the front of the cooler, it can spin at 1700 RPM, offer 57.2CFM of airflow, and it has a 1.23mm H2O pressure rating. Both fans spin on a Fluid Dynamic bearing, and both offer a 4-pin connection for power.
Since this cooler was just released, it is tough to locate them in the retail markets inside of the USA. What we do know at this point is that be quiet! has set the MSRP for the Dark Rock Pro 3 at $89.99 U.S. Dollars, but that very well could change when more e-tailers begin to offer them. Since we are dealing with a price point close to that of the single radiator AIO solutions, you can correctly assume that we will be judging this product accordingly, to see if the Dark Rock Pro 3 is worth hanging this much weight from your socket.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions