Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved beyond data storage through a wire network. In order to get the most out of a NAS, you need to look at the extra I/O hardware and the mountain of potential software features.
The Marvell 1.6Ghz processor isn't known for its amazing performance when transferring data to and from a NAS. In a single user environment, the 60 MB/s data transfer speed is enough to get data to your NAS for safekeeping.
At the same time, it's also enough to get a Blu-ray ISO stream or two from the unit to your smart media devices. Even in my home, with five media players, it's enough for us to play more than two high resolution streams at the same time.
The HS-210 is a very compact little unit that has a fairly unique form factor. Shaped like your cable set top box, the HS-210 is at home on a shelf with your other A/V components. The unit has a DHCP function, so you can set the NAS to deliver IP information to your TV and other connected devices without running CAT 5 to the rest of your network.
This setup will give you access to your stored movies, music, and pictures, but not internet access. It's a tradeoff, but should you decide to run the Ethernet cables, the QNAP HS-210 can also serve files to your internal network, and the cloud storage plugin even gives you access to files while away from the home.
Four USB ports (two USB 2.0 ports and two USB 3.0 ports) allow you to plug in external storage to copy data to your NAS. The HS-210 also has a SD card reader for easy back up, play back, and data transfers across the intranet.
Included in the retail package is the HS-210 NAS, Ethernet cables, power brick with cables, screws for mounting drives to the drive sleds, and a quick installation guide. Amazon has the kit available now for $289.99. The unit is covered by a two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the QNAP HS-210 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The DISKLESS QNAP HS-210 retails for $289.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [QNAP HS-210]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - NASPT]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Real World CIFS File Transfers]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Enterprise Workloads]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Workload Latency]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series