Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Modern NAS servers have moved beyond data storage through a wire network. In order to get the most out of a NAS, you need to look at the extra I/O hardware and the mountain of potential software features.
The Marvell 1.6Ghz processor isn't known for its amazing performance when transferring data to and from a NAS. In a single user environment, the 60 MB/s data transfer speed is enough to get data to your NAS for safekeeping.
At the same time, it's also enough to get a Blu-ray ISO stream or two from the unit to your smart media devices. Even in my home, with five media players, it's enough for us to play more than two high resolution streams at the same time.
The HS-210 is a very compact little unit that has a fairly unique form factor. Shaped like your cable set top box, the HS-210 is at home on a shelf with your other A/V components. The unit has a DHCP function, so you can set the NAS to deliver IP information to your TV and other connected devices without running CAT 5 to the rest of your network.
This setup will give you access to your stored movies, music, and pictures, but not internet access. It's a tradeoff, but should you decide to run the Ethernet cables, the QNAP HS-210 can also serve files to your internal network, and the cloud storage plugin even gives you access to files while away from the home.
Four USB ports (two USB 2.0 ports and two USB 3.0 ports) allow you to plug in external storage to copy data to your NAS. The HS-210 also has a SD card reader for easy back up, play back, and data transfers across the intranet.
Included in the retail package is the HS-210 NAS, Ethernet cables, power brick with cables, screws for mounting drives to the drive sleds, and a quick installation guide. Amazon has the kit available now for $289.99. The unit is covered by a two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find the QNAP HS-210 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The DISKLESS QNAP HS-210 retails for $289.99 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Hardware Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [Packaging]
- Page 5 [QNAP HS-210]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - NASPT]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Real World CIFS File Transfers]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Enterprise Workloads]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - iSCSI Workload Latency]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution