Overall I was very pleased with the Hardcano 12 unit. While the ability to control the fan speeds was an expected function, the other added features made for a pleasant surprise. Of note was the ability to hook up several powerful fans onto a single channel without fear of burning the unit out. Add to this the ability to control separate channels individually and things look even better.
Of course the looks will also go far in setting this device apart from the crowd. With a sleek overall look and a nice color scheme, it won't take long for others to notice you at your next LAN.
I was a bit disappointed about the default settings reset when rebooting, though. The simple addition of a small battery would take care of this little glitch with ease. Even if you plan on using the automatic fan speed controllers, having to manually reset the alarm levels for each channel wasn't that exciting.
Bottom line...If you've been considering some sort of formal fan speed controller and want something that is not only effective but looks good too, then you should take a look at the Thermaltake Hardcano 12. It handles the fan speeds with ease and even works well as an automatic controller to make it an even better option.
No low amperage rating per channel
Effective automatic mode control
Thermal probes correspond to fan controllers
All settings reset after reboot
No custom alarm settings
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" BEST FEATURES Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ