Power draw levels on the G1.Sniper 87 are slightly up compared to a lot of the boards here. At stock, you can see the numbers fall more in line with the Z87X-OC Force, which draws a bit more power at both idle and load.
Overclocking brings an increase in numbers as you'd expect; overall though, they're not too high. Any quality power supply would deal with this kind of setup.
At stock, you can see the G1.Sniper Z87 runs a little warmer than our other GIGABYTE offerings, but cooler than the ASRock at both idle and load. Looking at our overclocked numbers, you can see that the idle number jumps just slightly.
The load number one though, does jump significantly, coming in at 92c. We've still got a bit of room to move, but at this number you'd probably prefer to shave a few MHz off the clock, and drop the load temperature by a strong 10c+.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Arena of Valor will debut to the Nintendo Switch September
- Here's the list of NVIDIA RTX-capable games
- FromSoftware reveal 15 minutes of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Boot Selection Always Shows up on Startup
- Z87 pro4 bios setting not sticking
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- JUST CAUSE 4 WORLD EXCLUSIVE TORNADO GAMEPLAY REVEAL
- CIRCLE Entertainment will publish platformer Button Button on Nintendo Switch
- 11-11: MEMORIES RETOLDSTORY TRAILER REVEALED
- Microids fills out its catalogue for the end of 2018!
- The Gardens Between Bends Time on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam Sept. 20