Inside the ARC Mini R2
As we glance inside with the panels now out of the way, we can see the wiring is somewhat tended to, as it was run through the management hole, but still allowed to flop around. We also find the hardware packed in the HDD rack near the bottom.
The pair of 5.25" bays does require the use of thumbscrews instead of tool-free clips, but if you look above the bays, there are screws in the frame rail that will allow complete removal of these. Inside of the bays is the wiring for the fan controller, six fan leads, and a 4-pin Molex.
The HDD rack holds six white trays that allow for either 2.5" or 3.5" drives to be installed. These are also broken up into two sections to allow some modularity, to fit both a long video card, and still offer some storage space.
That is exactly what we have done here. We removed a couple of thumbscrews, lifted a tab at the back, and the middle section slid right out to expose the 120mm fan installed at the front. There is still the option to remove screws from the floor of the chassis and remove this rack as well.
The motherboard tray has not changed in the revision; we have the same setup as before. There are plenty of holes with grommets to fit the wiring through, and also a fair amount of tie points to tend to what is needed behind the tray. Also, the access hole is not very low in the way they cut it, and may cause issues.
The floor of the chassis offers four rubber pads to set the PSU on to keep vibrations down, but we can also see a gasket on the back as well. If there are plans to use a smaller PSU, then you also have the option to fill the fan location with an optional 120mm fan.
The back of the chassis offers the 140mm fan with white blades and a black frame, to match the theme in the HDD trays and the expansion card slot covers below. Also, note that all three fans have black braided sleeves, and use a 3-pin fan connector for power.
Behind the motherboard tray you have 15mm of space in the low points, and 20mm where the SSD trays and structural bumps don't cut into the space. We can also see that they took the time to get a bit if the wire management done for you, but there is still fan controller and fan wiring to tend to.
Pulling the wiring back through the grommet, we found the front I/O wiring close to the Native USB 3.0 connection, which also has a tail attached to offer USB 2.0 compatibility as well. The last cable closest to the chassis would be the HD Audio cable that is just long enough to reach across the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bithumb hacked, over $30 million in cryptocurrency stolen
- Ex-Intel CPU architect joins GPU division under Raja Koduri
- GeForce GTX 1180 delayed? Too many current-gen cards left
- Fortnite makes $100 million on iOS in just 90 days
- Psyonix introduces new cosmetic Rocket Pass system
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- LaCie DJI Co-Pilot 2TB Review
- Dumb question regarding moderator approval
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit