It is a proven fact that men in particular are visually stimulated more so than women. Given that train of thought, is it a surprise that this type of display method is used for marketing the features of the Super Silencer 460? Nice little visual graphics show off the primary features of this PSU so we'll take a quick peek at them and explain what they mean.
Super High Efficiency - For a power supply to work properly within your system, it must be able to effectively convert AC power from the outlet to a DC power supply, which is then used by the system components. Seasonic aims for an efficiency rating of 80% in this conversion process making it require less power from the outlet to run your system.
Smart/Silent Fan Control - This can be summed up by the words "Low Noise". In essence there is a fan controller built within the PSU. When internal temperatures begin to rise, the fan speed increases. Even with the fan speeds maxed out the noise levels of this model are rated at no more than 25 dBA. To give a more workable example of this noise level, a whisper is considered to be at a level of 22-23 dBA.
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) - PFC is a buzz word you may have been hearing lately with regards to power supplies. To put it as simply as possible, the higher the PFC the lower the power consumption from the electrical source. This is due to the way that the power is converted to DC. There are two types, active and passive, with active being the better of the two.
Soft Mounting Rubber Cushion Fan - This particular feature is self explanatory as it consists of a soft mounted fan assembly to keep rattles and excess noise to a minimum.
Universal Free Input - This is nothing more than an automatic detection of a 120 or 240v electrical system. There is no need to manually flip a switch on the back of the PSU to adjust for the proper current.
Forward Converter - I try to keep the real technical terminology to a minimum when talking about power supplies. After all, we really want reliable power as the end result. Simply put, this feature is nothing more than a new way to convert the power within the power supply itself.
Cable Management Kit - This feature was discussed on the previous page.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Seasonic 460 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Seasonic 460 - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Seasonic 460 - Page 3 [Features]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Expert opinion: the best online privacy tool (sponsored)
- 10 new minutes of Anthem gameplay: boss fight, story & more
- FoxNext chooses the Nintendo Switch for Alien: Blackout
- Fire Emblem characters return in Smash Bros. Ultimate event
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate sold 5 million units in 1st week
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Trailer shows the challenges of Etrian Odyssey Nexus
- Team Jolly Roger Announces launch Date For Real-Time Space-Ballistic Tactics Game 'Worbital'
- Music Card Game Upstart WOWs Top Musicians Worldwide with Their First Product
- Stardock Announces Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution Expansion
- Zerouno Games: Use your two neurons with Bleep Bloop. Launch Trailer Available