Inside the Box
Cracking the box open reveals that there is little inside; including protection for the unit during shipping. The only protection the unit receives is a thin layer of bubble wrap.
All stickers and labels are on the top of the ST30SF. Here you can find the I/O specifications, serial number, 80 PLUS efficiency marking, and barcode for the power supply. It doesn't leave much of the unit itself to be seen.
Both sides are blank though, revealing the semi-gloss black finish on the unit, along with a few extra vent holes for improved cooling.
The front has a few more vent slots available as well. One thing that I did not expect to see from this SilverStone unit is that there is no grommet around the hole where the cables exit the power supply. It is even more necessary in this case, as the cables aren't fully sleeved.
The back of the power supply looks great. It features a honeycomb mesh grill, with an on/off rocker switch, and AC input. This design offers minimal obstruction to airflow.
The bottom of the SF30SF features the 80mm fan that cools the power supply. 80mm fans are known for their noise, but SilverStone promises this one isn't too loud.
Included with the unit are four zip ties, four thumb screws, four regular screws, and an SFX to ATX adapter bracket.
Rounding out the contents of the box are the user manual, generic power supply manual, and AC input cord.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz