The K8V Deluxe is almost cosmetically identical to that of its bigger brother, the SK8V. The physically apparent differences are unfortunately both drawbacks in themselves: The motherboard's ATX power connector is awkwardly positioned (refer to the image below), and the K8V's DIMM slots take a hit, thus only boasting three. But, for a motherboard boasting such an abundance of connectivity, one would be surprised when comparing this product to other similar competitors; sometimes advertising prices forty-percent higher than this particular model, whilst only noticing very slight differences in both performance and features.
Features and Specifications:
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 (754-pin)
- Chipsets: VIA K8T800, VIA VT8237
- Memory: 3x 184-pin DIMM Sockets (3GB max) - PC3200/PC2700/PC2100 DDR
- Expansion Slots: 1x AGP 8x, 1x WiFi Slot, 4x PCI
- Storage: 2x ATA133, 2x SATA, 1x UltraDMA133, 2x Serial ATA (RAID0, RAID1)
As notable in the image above, the K8V'S fifth PCI slot is consumed by ASUS' proprietary WiFi card connector. This ASUS WiFi slot can be found on many of their latest motherboards, including their line of VIA K8T800 chipset driven products; thus, making the WiFi connector transferable to other recently-acquired ASUS branded motherboards.
From left to you right, you can find the K8V Deluxe housing the following external connectors: 2x PS/2, 1x SPDIF, 1x Parallel, 1x Serial, 1x IEEE1394, 4x USB, 1x RJ45 and 1x Audio I/O.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S9/S9+ revealed, launches March 16 and starts at $720
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit