OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD
There really isn't much to report on the outside of the drive other than the new color scheme and how nice the alloy case is.
The drive is heavier than most SSDs because of the premium case. Not that it produces more than other SSDs, but the alloy case does aid in dissipating heat from the controller and the flash. Vertex 460 also has a 7mm z-height, so it fits in a wide range of systems from desktops to many new Intel Ultrabook designs.
The included desktop adapter bracket keeps the drive's SATA power and data connectors offset to the left side. This makes plugging in other drives easier and gives everything a cleaner look.
On the inside, we notice a few things. The first is OCZ didn't use lower price TSOP flash, but stuck with the higher spec BGA flash. There are 16 NAND flash packages, with two 19nm die per package.
OCZ used the Indilinx Barefoot 3 M10 on the 460.
The flash is Toshiba 19nm code TH58TEG7DDJBA4C, the same used on Vector 150. This leads us to the obvious questions, why is one drive rated at 50GB writes per day and the other just 20GB writes per day, when it's the same flash?
OCZ / Toshiba still have to outsource DRAM. The Vertex 460 uses Micron DRAM, one on each side of the PCB. Vertex 460 has the same DRAM size as Vector 150, but uses slower DRAM, DDR3-1333 instead of the DDR3-1600 used on Vector 150. The Vertex 460 DRAM voltage is 1.5v instead of the lower power 1.35v on Vector 150.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:32 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [OCZ Vertex 460 240GB SSD]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]