The cable summary looks much more complicated than we're used to seeing for a 550W unit, but this an almost perfect lineup. As always, we have the 24-pin Main connector. What we don't always have is a power supply with dual ATX 4+4/EPS12V connectors. There is a single cable with two PCI-E 8-pin connectors on it. This will take care of many people, but I'd like to see a second included for those who want to run a pair of lower-end GPUs. There are a total of 8 SATA and 6 Molex connectors spread across five cables of varying lengths. There is also a single FDD connector on one of the Molex cables.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets, with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Low wattage units don't have anywhere near the thermal dissipation requirements that the higher wattage units do. Nevertheless, it is nice to see plenty of cooling, as that helps with efficiency.
A single Hitachi capacitor resides on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side of the power supply is fitted with Rubycon and Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors.
Rounding out the inside of the power supply is the Ong Hua HA13525H12F-Z 135mm fan. It is rated for .5A, and 2300 RPM. I highly doubt that you'll ever get it to spin that fast, since this is a low wattage unit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit