Temperatures, Cooling and Noise
The Acer Aspire R7 is a decently hefty laptop, which could play into how well it manages heat.
As you can see, on the front of the system we logged a maximum temperature of 99 degrees Fahrenheit. This high temperature was located right underneath the touchpad, which on this system is located above the keyboard. This allowed the keyboard to be located away from the hot components, keeping it a cool 84 degrees.
Moving around to the backside, temperatures were slightly worse. The maximum observed temperature was 106 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the rest of the temperatures observed were all less than 95 degrees. Using the system on your lap while fully loaded would still be ill advised.
The maximum observed GPU temperature was 80 degrees Celsius; the same as the CPU, as they are on the same die. The CPU reached a maximum of 80 degrees Celsius; this is a bit hotter than I like to see chips running at, but is still one of the lower temperatures we have seen a CPU run at in a notebook.
The R7 produced a sound level of 41 decibels; making it one of the quietest notebooks we have had the pleasure of reviewing. Our measurement is taken in front of the laptop at roughly head level. For comparison: 30dB is a totally quiet nighttime in the desert, 40dB is whispering and 60dB is a normal conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Configurations and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [Keyboard, TouchPad, Screen and other User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Pro: $12.41, Office 2016 Pro: $28.10
- Diablo III Switch coming this Fall, hits smooth 60FPS
- Halo Infinite is Halo 6, a direct sequel to Halo 5
- New Battlefield V gameplay shows destructive WW2 chaos
- PlayStation VR sales break 3 million
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada