Gaming on 4K
4K really is the future of gaming; it feels like a multi-monitor setup, but on a single screen. Right now, at 30Hz, first-person shooters are close to unplayable if you want to be precise. If you just want to have some fun, it's fine, but if you're playing something like Battlefield 4, you won't have a good time.
Games like DiRT Showdown and Metro: Last Light looked absolutely gorgeous. Colors pop, the image looks insanely detailed, and feels so much larger than a 39-inch panel.
I played some Battlefield 4 at 3840x2160, which was a mixed bag of results. I'm used to 120Hz (or 120FPS+), and I've slowly been adjusting myself to 2560x1440, with a refresh of 60Hz. The Seiki Digital panel pushes 4K content out at 30Hz, or 30FPS, which is just bad, bad, bad for games.
I couldn't play Battlefield 4 and be any good at it at 30FPS, but the sheer scale of the game is just eye-popping. There's so much going on-screen at 4K, it's hard to take it all in, which is all part of the fun of 3840x2160 in games.
We have an article that takes a look at some performance at 4K, which should be out at around the same time as this review.
Media on 4K
Holy cow. That is all.
But really, 4K content looks absolutely beautiful, crisp, clear, and more real than reality sometimes. Movie trailers don't look too bad, but the 4K samples that are available online do this display justice. I was just sitting back in absolute awe at some of the 4K videos, absolute awe.
The way I can explain it, without you physically seeing it to understand, is to compare a DVD to a Blu-ray. If you've only seen DVD, the day you jump from DVD to 1080p, is the day you realize there is something better out there.
4K from Blu-ray is that same jump, but almost more. There's four times more information going around, and it really does feel like it when the right content is being used. As Ultra HD, or 4K, becomes more and more common, it'll be hard to go back to anything other than 4K -which is going to blow.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shenmue III release date finalized
- Amazon kills 20% game pre-order discount, offers $10 credit
- Devil May Cry 5 gets stylish new gameplay and release date
- Battlefield V's low pre-orders could hurt EA, says analyst
- Everspace will take flight on the Switch in December
- P9X79E-WS Giant Headaches
- EVGA Z370 Classified K (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming WIFI-OP Motherboard Review
- Buy (30) Apple iPhone X $8,970 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Boot sequence, BIOS setting question
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada