Installation and Finished Product
The first couple of steps of the installation have been done, and we are almost ready to mount now that we have the Intel mounting legs on the base, and a standoff screwed on to each of the corners. You can also see that GamerStorm took the time to apply washers to the risers, as well as the screws to isolate the cooler from the motherboard.
After applying a bit of paste to the CPU, you just hold the cooler onto the CPU, align the holes, and simply screw the cooler to the motherboard like we have done here.
The cooler itself sits much lower than the memory, but with the 20mm fan on the top of it, it is just slightly taller, and a great candidate for all of the SFF chassis on the market.
There are also no issues with the memory clearance with the orientation we were forced to use, due to the Thermal Armor on this motherboard. The instructions say to point the heat pipes at the memory, and that will encroach on the first DIMM slot.
Moving back a bit, you can see that the wider section of fins clears even this super tall plastic over the top of other heat sinks for the VRMs on the motherboard. I also like the fan wiring, what little bit you can see anyways.
If we had installed the cooler as directed, the bent section of them would push against our Thermal Armor, so we had to spin it around. Even here things were tight as the taller section just clears the plastic, but is still able to fit and be tested.
Once we had the system back together, I thought I would snap this image, since most likely, if you have any view inside of the chassis at all, this is what you will see of the Gabriel most times.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [GamerStorm Gabriel Low-Profile CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Avengers 4: End Game Trailer, 289 million views in 24 hours
- Concerns about Super Smash Bros. UItimates 'Spirits Mode'
- RTS title 'Conan Unconquered' announced for PC on Steam
- Kingdom Hearts III - Opening Cinematic ft Skrillex & More
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 1st DLC fighter: Persona 5's 'Joker'
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- Z390 ultra bios needs serious work
- Arena Clash 'Overwatch, League of Legends and Tekken 7 Tournament Finals Head to Stratford
- Shoot the Virtual Dead in GUNGRAVE VR! Launching on PlayStation VR TODAY!
- McLaren 570s Car Pack Available In Rocket League Now
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18
- Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: Betrayal for PC