Benchmarks and Testing Methodology
- CPU Tests
Cinebench R11.5 starts off our tests. The multi-threaded rendering test is run, and the score is reported. wPrime is run for both the 32M calculation, and the 1024M calculation, with the number of threads available on the system.
- Storage Tests
CrystalDiskMark is run to put a number on how well the system HDD / SSD runs. It measures five different metrics, of which higher scores are better for all. The higher the numbers, the snappier the operating system will feel; especially if the "4K" number is high, as most operating system files are small files.
HD Tune is run on any storage drives installed in the system. Maximum, minimum, and average read and write speeds are reported in the charts.
- System Tests
PCMark 7 is run to get an overall idea of how the system performs as a whole. It tests all aspects of the PC, and puts a score on how well it performs overall. In this test, a low scoring area can affect the overall score, so it's important to read the analysis. A higher score is better.
- Gaming Tests
3DMark Vantage is run on the "Extreme" preset to get a feel for how the computer would manage gaming. The CPU, GPU, and combined scores are reported. A higher overall score is best, and a high GPU or CPU score shows particular prowess with tasks that use that part of the computer.
3DMark 11 is run on the "Extreme" preset, and the Physics, GPU, and combined scores are reported. This test is only run if the system supports DirectX 11. A higher overall score is the target, though a high individual result shows prowess in a particular area.
3DMark- Fire Strike Extreme Test is run on the system to measure DirectX 11 performance, and CPU performance. 3DMark is the latest version of Futuremark's widely used gaming benchmarking software. The combined, GPU, and Physics scores are all reported in the charts.
Battlefield 3 is run at 1920 x 1080 resolution with the graphics preset set to "Ultra." The test is run three times due to higher variability than the other benchmarks. FRAPS is used to record 60 seconds worth of FPS data; recording starts when the character first picks up the gun at the start of the campaign, and usually finishes shortly after the train explosion. The game is played in a similar manner each time.
Crysis 3 is run at 1920 x 1080 resolution with the graphics specifications set to "Very High." No anti-aliasing is used. See the picture on actual test page to see full details. The test is run three times due to higher variability than the other benchmarks. FRAPS is used to record 60 seconds worth of FPS data; recording starts at the start of the campaign, and finishes most of the way up the tower. The game is played in a similar manner each time.
- Heat, Noise, and Power Consumption
The system is fully loaded using Furmark and Prime 95. Component temperatures are recorded using CoreTemp and Furmark. Noise is recorded in front of the system; midway up, six inches from the machine, using a decibel reader.
Idle power consumption is system consumption while sitting at the desktop, as recorded by a Kill-A-Watt style meter. Loaded consumption is recorded using the same meter, during the load of Prime 95 and Furmark.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Configurations, Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Bundle and System Pictures]
- Page 3 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 4 [CPU Tests]
- Page 5 [Storage Tests]
- Page 6 [System Tests]
- Page 7 [Gaming Tests]
- Page 8 [Temperatures, Noise, and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlanetSide Arena unveiled: 1000-player mode, battle royale
- Overwatch League expands to Atlanta and Dallas in 2019
- Metal Gear Solid has now been turned into a board game
- LG's new 17-inch laptop rocks 16:10 display, 20-hour battery
- Fortnite dev Epic Games paves way for cross-platform gaming
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender