Features of the 3D Cooler
As always Gigabyte's packaging is attractive and distinctive, no mistaking this for anyone else's product. The cooler is shipped encased in plastic with all of its attachments. This is by far the most versatile cooler available. Inside you get the cooler, installation manual covering installs for P4, K7 and K8, 3.5" drive bay power controller, PCI expansion power controller face plate, power splitter and thermal compound.
Now we take a look at the cooler itself. The unit is extremely large, and for good reason - it is based on a heatpipe design. A copper base plate collects the heat from the CPU die or the IHS (integrated heat spreader on the Pentium 4, Celeron and AMD Athlon 64). This heat is then transferred up the four pipes into the fin coolers above the baseplate. A rotary fan is used in order to remove the heat more affectively than a standard on top fan design.
This is the smart control circuitry that Gigabyte uses for the smart cooling system. This circuit system has a power input that is identical to a FDD power connector which is how the unit gets its power. Beside this is a 3 pin input connector. This is where the RPM control unit is connected. When connected you can place the RPM control unit at the front or back of the case. If the unit is not connected, the fan will run at full RPM no matter what which is as loud as a regular vacuum cleaner.
Now we see the RPM control unit. You can either have this in a spare 3.5" drive bay for front access or if you have none free, simply swap the potentiometer over to the I/O plate and she fits into a spare PCI slot.
Here we see the retention brackets. From left to right we have the AMD Athlon XP clips, in the middle the two clips for the Pentium 4 and on the right we have the clip for the AMD Athlon 64 CPU.
Gigabyte also includes some thermal paste. This is simple Silicon Dioxide paste which in all honesty should be replaced for some higher quality AS3 or something similar with much better heat transfer properties.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit