HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: Measures the performance
Info: Shows detailed information
Health: Checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: Scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write, and access time results. It is now considered a must-have application for storage device testing.
We shouldn't run into any issues today with the Samsung 840 EVO mSATA 120GB when it comes to read performance. This drive should actually be brilliant when reading both sequential and random data. On the sequential side: at QD1, we achieved an average read of 440 MB/s with the 64KB block size.
When writing 64KB blocks, we see how write performance can drop off with sequential data. Let's look at the actual trace to see what's happening.
Here we see Turbo Write caching the write, but unlike the 1TB model, the 120GB capacity size has a very small SLC like buffer area. When we get through the SLC area, the 64KB sequential write performance drops down to between 140 and 150 MB/s.
HD Tach - Sequential Performance after Random Writes
In this test, we use the 128KB block size, and run the test after a consumer appropriate level of random writes. This is where things get funky. We didn't hit the drive very hard with random writes, but the performance still dropped below 50 MB/s for the final 1/3 of the test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Toshiba to sell memory business for $18 billion
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower