Lost Planet 2
Version and / or Patch Used: Standalone Benchmark
Timedemo or Level Used: Built in Benchmark - Test A Scene 1
Developer Homepage: http://www.capcom.com/
Product Homepage: http://www.lostplanet2game.com/
Lost Planet 2 is a third-person shooter video game developed and published by Capcom. The game is the sequel to Lost Planet: Extreme Condition which is also made by Capcom, taking place ten years after the events of the first game, on the same fictional planet. The story takes place back on E.D.N. III 10 years after the events of the first game. The snow has melted to reveal jungles and more tropical areas that have taken the place of more frozen regions. The plot begins with Mercenaries fighting against Jungle Pirates. After destroying a mine, the Mercenaries continue on to evacuate the area, in which a Category-G Akrid appears and attacks them. After being rescued, they find out their evacuation point (Where the Category-G appeared) was a set-up and no pick up team awaited them. The last words imply possible DLC additions to the game: "There's nothing to be gained by wiping out snow pirates... unless you had some kind of grudge."
Moving into Lost Planet 2, you can see excellent performance at all resolutions, with over 120 FPS being seen at the highest one. The gains aren't quite double when compared to the single R9 290 4GB, but you can see we've got a strong boost in performance when the second card is thrown into the mix.
The gains over the single GTX 780 Ti 3GB, probably aren't as high as you would think though. At the highest resolution, you can see the GTX 780 Ti 3GB manages 118 FPS; only 23 FPS below the Sapphire R9 290 4GB CrossFire setup.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Avengers 4: End Game Trailer, 289 million views in 24 hours
- Concerns about Super Smash Bros. UItimates 'Spirits Mode'
- RTS title 'Conan Unconquered' announced for PC on Steam
- Kingdom Hearts III - Opening Cinematic ft Skrillex & More
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 1st DLC fighter: Persona 5's 'Joker'
- This is about an Asus X541N laptop
- H61 Ivy Bridge upgrade issue
- Asrock Z370 Taichi Debug Code 00
- Arena Clash 'Overwatch, League of Legends and Tekken 7 Tournament Finals Head to Stratford
- Shoot the Virtual Dead in GUNGRAVE VR! Launching on PlayStation VR TODAY!
- McLaren 570s Car Pack Available In Rocket League Now
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18
- Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: Betrayal for PC