Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Comay released two versions of the BladeDrive G24, and they differ by the capacity size. The smaller version uses 256GB of flash, and the larger model that we're looking at today has 512GB of flash. The Toshiba 19nm TSOP flash is fed by four LSI SF-2281 controllers. The controllers lead back to a unique RAID controller that we know very little about, other than it's made by Comay, and has a part number of SBC208. The interface to the host system is PCIe 2.0 8x lanes, much faster than any of the consumer focused All-in-One SSD RAID products that operate with just two PCIe lanes.
The BladeDrive has a number of advanced features, but leading the charge is SCSI Unmap, which is a TRIM command for the SSDs in RAID, first introduced on Windows 8 and Server 2012. A number of LSI features are present as well, such as RAISE, and AES-128 Bit encryption DURA Write, the data encryption scheme that reduces the number of data writes to the flash.
The part we all care about is performance, and that's where the extra PCI Express lanes come into play. Comay claims sequential read and write performance of up to 2GB/s. That's enterprise level performance, and exactly what we want to see on products like this. Another massive measurement comes from the random IOPS performance of up to 275,000 IOPS!
Another massive number takes on a different tone, and that is the price. The MSRP for the 240GB model is $496, and the 480GB model we're looking at today has an MSRP of $830. The numbers may look high, but let's put them into perspective with other products on the market.
The accessory package consists of a full and half height bracket, a quality control card, and a thumb drive with the drivers. Comay includes SSD Toolbox software that allows you to quickly secure erase the drive. The warranty terms are three years.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [Comay BladeDrive G24 480GB]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Acer Predator X27: 4K 144Hz HDR G-Sync f or $1999 on June 1
- Paradox Interactive announce Imperator: Rome, trailer reveal
- Resident Evil 7 will debut to Nintendo Switch, only in Japan
- Overwatch director hints at cross-platform opportunities
- Deadpool 2 fails to beat Deadpool's opening weekend revenue
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Buy 2 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 64GB $1,038
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit