Of all of the All-in-One RAID solutions I've tested to date, the Comay BladeDrive G24 is the best I've seen. Most of the others launched either before Windows 8, so they didn't support SCSI Unmap, or the products had issues with SCSI Unmap, even though support was claimed. On a drive that isn't writing database information all day, and is used as a regular computer or workstation, TRIM is essential to keep the performance high. Not only does the BladeDrive support TRIM commands on the specs sheet, but it also actually works.
When it comes to performance, the BladeDrive is amazing. This is as close to enterprise levels of performance as you can get for less than a grand. The hard part is coming up with ways to use all of the performance, because like enterprise products, the BladeDrive needs a lot of multitasking to be effective.
That's really where the rub is though. BladeDrive is like a sports car that you need a place to drive. You can drive it to the gas station for coffee in the morning, but that's not what it's built for. If you need the performance, it has more than enough to offer.
I think anyone shopping for a high performance SSD in this price range will already have the applications in place, and know they need the performance. If this review was a few weeks out, we'd have some professional applications ready to publish with BladeDrive. When we are ready to publish the new test results, we'll be sure to include the BladeDrive in the charts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Accessories]
- Page 4 [Comay BladeDrive G24 480GB]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage - Drives with Data Testing]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]