SanDisk Eco Architecture
Before assembly, SanDisk subjects all NAND to an extensive re-characterization, and assigns more accurate P/E Ratios to the NAND. Aggregated flash management ensures that there is an even distribution of different classes of NAND present to benefit the whole. Once assembled, the Guardian Technology Platform takes over, and NAND settings are monitored and adjusted constantly. This keeps the NAND perfectly in tune over the life of the SSD. The award-winning Guardian Technology Platform is SanDisk's proprietary approach, which consists of three integral components.
As NAND geometries shrink, endurance also shrinks, and data errors multiply. Data errors are typically solved with ECC (Error Correction Code). ECC can reach a diminishing point of returns when powerful ECC algorithms create excessive overhead, leading to performance degradation, and higher latency. SanDisk utilizes adaptive DSP (Digital Signal Processing), in concert with advanced ECC algorithms to combat these data errors.
NAND is typically programmed for retention and wear metrics during NAND processing, and the settings are never altered. Adaptive programming dynamically adjusts flash parameters over the course of the SSDs life; tailoring the NAND settings at the base level. This creates exponential increases in endurance of the underlying NAND. Typical SSDs can only achieve wear leveling on each NAND package. Aggregated Flash Processing treats all of the flash elements as a whole, and provides global cross-die wear leveling.
DataGuard provides full data path protection, and F.R.A.M.E. (Flexible Redundant of Memory Elements) functionality. F.R.A.M.E. is a cross-die data redundancy feature, similar to parity, which allows for data reconstruction in the event of a catastrophic event such as a flash page, or even an entire NAND block failure.
EverGuard is a third generation host power-loss protection approach that protects against unexpected power events. Discrete ploy-Tantalum capacitors supply power to flush all data to NAND during power loss. Tantalum is rated for high temperature environments, and does not degrade over time. Additional architectural features reduce power hold-up time requirements through advanced controller power management, and lower pages reserved for power-down writes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel stacks CPU, DRAM, and IO into one package with FOVEROS
- Intel Xe: scalable graphics architecture aims for PETAFLOPS
- Intel Sunny Cove uArch: Deeper, Wider, Smarter. Bye Skylake!
- Survival instinct questioned in new Left Alive trailer
- Devil May Cry 5 - HYDE Collaboration trailer released
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Asrock Z390 Taichi Driver Tipps
- Asrock Z390 Taichi Driver Tipps
- The Best Zero Gravity Chair of 2018 - Your Best Digs
- Load Up and Get Necrolyzed, GUNGRAVE VR Launches for PlayStation VR Today
- En Masse Entertainment Catches and Releases the 'BAF Masters' Update on TERA PC, Live Alongside Wintera Events Today
- 'MK Kollective' to Relaunch with Original Content from New Ambassadors in Celebration of Mortal Kombat 11
- Forge A Path To Survival In Left Alive
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019