Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
The R9 270X 2GB starts at $199.99, but we see a lot come in at the $209.99 mark; including the ASUS R9 270X DirectCU II TOP 2GB. The range on the model though, is quite big, as we see some 2GB offerings coming in as high as $239.99. For what we've seen today from ASUS, this card really is priced just as you'd expect. Slightly higher than the standard price, but not so high that you have to start thinking of whether or not it's worth it.
Performance on a whole is really quite remarkable from the R9 270X 2GB. For just over $200, you're getting a card that manages to perform extremely strong under most games at 1920 x 1200 with no real issue. At times, we see that 2560 x 1600 also isn't an issue, and under something a bit older like Just Cause 2, we can see that AA and AF is even an option at 1920 x 1200.
Looking at the cooler, we don't have any real surprises. Just as you'd hope and expect, the DirectCU II unit is good. It puts out good heat and noise numbers, but we must say the idle numbers are what really stand out in a positive way. At idle, both the noise level and the core temperature numbers are extremely strong.
As for the package, it's all very standard with not a whole lot going on. As we've said so many times before though: we've seen companies over the last few years, cut down on the packaging and instead put more into the product itself, which is something we love.
For $200, the R9 270X continues to be an extremely strong product at this price bracket. There's not a whole lot you can complain about when it comes to this particular model. As for the version from ASUS, it's everything you'd expect it to be. ASUS has put a good product together with the R9 270X DirectCU II TOP version. The core overclock is strong, and we see a consistent 5% increase in performance almost across the board, with that extra 5% coming in handy at times.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit