HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: Measures the performance
Info: Shows detailed information
Health: Checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: Scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write, and access time results. It is now considered a must-have application for storage device testing.
Not only is the Samsung 840 EVO mSATA 1TB the largest mSATA drive we've seen, it's also one of the fastest when reading sequential data. With an average sequential read speed of 463.5 MB/s at 64KB, the 840 EVO is only slightly slower than the MDSSD BP4.
In this test, we write to every available user block to the drive, and thus we get past the Turbo Write area. For bursts, you can expect to write around 440 MB/s, and then that drops down to around 330 MB/s with the drive still somewhat fresh. When writing very large files to a drive populated with a significant amount of data, the performance can decrease even lower.
HD Tach - Sequential Performance after Random Writes
Here we see 128KB sequential read and write performance after a number of random writes to the drive. Surprisingly, the average write performance is still a bit higher than the average read performance; even after writing the random data to the drive. Turbo Write does a good job keeping the write performance high, even when working with large blocks of data.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new Coffee Lake-based 8C/16T chip spotted again
- GeForce GTX 1050 3GB released: 768 CUDA cores, 96-bit bus
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 locked at 60FPS on all consoles
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 in 2019 with single-player
- Tencent buys majority stake in Path of Exile studio
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $1,595
- Buy 5 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,595
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit