Samsung 840 EVO 1TB mSATA SSD
We're just going to roll right through the product packaging images.
The drive placement is in the middle of the packaging, so your 840 EVO mSATA is well protected during shipping.
Inside of the package, we found a warranty statement summary that doubles as a user manual, two Samsung SSD Activated stickers, and the drive itself.
And here she is! Samsung stuffed 1024 MB of flash, and 1GB of DRAM, on a card that's smaller than the average Zippo lighter.
The backside has two NAND flash packages, and a handful of surface mount components.
On the main side of the drive, Samsung has a MEX controller, a single 1GB DRAM package, and two additional NAND flash packages. As we mentioned in the introduction, in order for Samsung to achieve this density, the 840 EVO mSATA 1TB model achieves 16 NAND die per package. To my knowledge, this is the first time we've seen 16 die per package on a consumer SSD.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series