Benchmarks - Fill Testing
Fill testing is something that was pioneered by our very own Chris Ramseyer in his SSD reviews. Here, I have taken my own personal spin on the testing technique, filling the drive 10% at a time. After each fill procedure, the drive is tested and then purged, returning the drive to an empty state.
The Angelbird really comes into its own with fill testing. As you can see above, the drive loses no performance regardless of the fill rate. The same could be said for the LaCie P9223 as well, until you look at the write performance, where we find the drive dropping from 37K IOPS to 20K IOPS at 60 percent fill.
In sequential testing, the Angelbird showed the same resilience, again not losing performance at all. Here we see 500 MB/s across the entire drive, with the fill rate showing no effect.
Above, I have put together charts of the response time as the drive fills. Here, again we find the Angelbird rather steady with a random read response time of 0.6 ms across the entire range, and write response following the same 0.6 ms pattern.
Sequential read and write response time for the Angelbird started with 14ms during our read testing, to a low of 8ms. Write testing showed a steady 9ms response time across the entire range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion release date
- Microsoft's Xbox division earned $2.251 billion last quarter
- Amazon listing leaks Shadow of the Tomb Raider screenshots
- Far Cry 5: 2.5 million sold, digital sales 500% over Primal
- Fortnite made $223 million in March, 'king of battle royale'
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit