Benchmarks - Fill Testing
Fill testing is something that was pioneered by our very own Chris Ramseyer in his SSD reviews. Here, I have taken my own personal spin on the testing technique, filling the drive 10% at a time. After each fill procedure, the drive is tested and then purged, returning the drive to an empty state.
The Angelbird really comes into its own with fill testing. As you can see above, the drive loses no performance regardless of the fill rate. The same could be said for the LaCie P9223 as well, until you look at the write performance, where we find the drive dropping from 37K IOPS to 20K IOPS at 60 percent fill.
In sequential testing, the Angelbird showed the same resilience, again not losing performance at all. Here we see 500 MB/s across the entire drive, with the fill rate showing no effect.
Above, I have put together charts of the response time as the drive fills. Here, again we find the Angelbird rather steady with a random read response time of 0.6 ms across the entire range, and write response following the same 0.6 ms pattern.
Sequential read and write response time for the Angelbird started with 14ms during our read testing, to a low of 8ms. Write testing showed a steady 9ms response time across the entire range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard