Benchmarks - Fill Testing
Fill testing is something that was pioneered by our very own Chris Ramseyer in his SSD reviews. Here, I have taken my own personal spin on the testing technique, filling the drive 10% at a time. After each fill procedure, the drive is tested and then purged, returning the drive to an empty state.
The Angelbird really comes into its own with fill testing. As you can see above, the drive loses no performance regardless of the fill rate. The same could be said for the LaCie P9223 as well, until you look at the write performance, where we find the drive dropping from 37K IOPS to 20K IOPS at 60 percent fill.
In sequential testing, the Angelbird showed the same resilience, again not losing performance at all. Here we see 500 MB/s across the entire drive, with the fill rate showing no effect.
Above, I have put together charts of the response time as the drive fills. Here, again we find the Angelbird rather steady with a random read response time of 0.6 ms across the entire range, and write response following the same 0.6 ms pattern.
Sequential read and write response time for the Angelbird started with 14ms during our read testing, to a low of 8ms. Write testing showed a steady 9ms response time across the entire range.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spyro Reiginited Trilogy may get subtitles added soon
- Piccolo/Cell/Kenshin and Shishio added to Jump Force roster
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate post-launch rumor, more content?
- Switch SMITE scheduled for Jan 24th launch, pre-orders live
- Amazon depleted of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stock
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- is a supplement this is
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card