Packaging and the Angelbird SSD2go Pro
Packaging for the Angelbird SSD2go hasn't changed; here, we have the same box used on all SSD2go products.
Within the packaging, Angelbird has included both USB 3.0 and eSATAp cables for the drive.
Looking over the drive, we found the same level of quality that we have come to expect from Angelbird. The enclosure is machined out of a single block of aluminum, and then anodized to military specifications using a special process that is actually 100% Green, and Earth friendly.
On the backside of the enclosure, we find brand and model identification. Four torx screws hold the enclosure together.
The SSD2go Pro uses the special dual purpose connector seen above. Here, we have both USB 3.0, and eSATAp capabilities. The switch to the left controls the function of the underlying controller.
Internally, the enclosure is precision machined to the components of the PCB. Similar to what you would find in an enterprise solid state drive.
Here, we have the USB/eSATAp to SATA 6 GB/s PCB. To the left, we have the ASMedia 1053 UASP capable USB 3.0 controller, and the ASMedia 1456 6 GB/s switch up top.
Here, we have a better look at the dual purpose connection for the SSD2go. Using both USB 3.0 through the ASMedia1053 controller and eSATAp being native through the ASMedia1456 switch onboard.
As stated in the introduction, this is the first drive launched with the Novachips "Bugatti" flash controller. Pictured above, we have the NVS3600A, coupled with a 256MB DRAM package, and 10 Micron MLC NAND packages.
The backside of the drive houses another ten NAND packages, which brings the total up to 20. This bodes well for the Novachips controller, as it is the only 10 channel design on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series