Packaging and the Angelbird SSD2go Pro
Packaging for the Angelbird SSD2go hasn't changed; here, we have the same box used on all SSD2go products.
Within the packaging, Angelbird has included both USB 3.0 and eSATAp cables for the drive.
Looking over the drive, we found the same level of quality that we have come to expect from Angelbird. The enclosure is machined out of a single block of aluminum, and then anodized to military specifications using a special process that is actually 100% Green, and Earth friendly.
On the backside of the enclosure, we find brand and model identification. Four torx screws hold the enclosure together.
The SSD2go Pro uses the special dual purpose connector seen above. Here, we have both USB 3.0, and eSATAp capabilities. The switch to the left controls the function of the underlying controller.
Internally, the enclosure is precision machined to the components of the PCB. Similar to what you would find in an enterprise solid state drive.
Here, we have the USB/eSATAp to SATA 6 GB/s PCB. To the left, we have the ASMedia 1053 UASP capable USB 3.0 controller, and the ASMedia 1456 6 GB/s switch up top.
Here, we have a better look at the dual purpose connection for the SSD2go. Using both USB 3.0 through the ASMedia1053 controller and eSATAp being native through the ASMedia1456 switch onboard.
As stated in the introduction, this is the first drive launched with the Novachips "Bugatti" flash controller. Pictured above, we have the NVS3600A, coupled with a 256MB DRAM package, and 10 Micron MLC NAND packages.
The backside of the drive houses another ten NAND packages, which brings the total up to 20. This bodes well for the Novachips controller, as it is the only 10 channel design on the market.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- Battlefront II microtransaction removal: 'no impact' to EA
- 4K 60FPS capture card handles Xbox One X, costs $400
- Legislators: Battlefront II is a Star Wars online casino
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ