Installing the foam blocks is a very straightforward process.
Although we placed the materials in logical and safe locations, I remain with unconditional beliefs that the temperatures of the motherboard, chassis and processor have risen. To monitor thermal activity, we installed Asus' PC-Probe utility and watched carefully as we browsed the Net and played a handful of CPU-intensive games. Subsequently, the temperatures inside my PC rose simultaneously. Noting these temperatures and then placing them in comparison to those prior to the installation of the AcoustiPak foam, I was greatly content.
The testbench machine's motherboard showed a mean increase of roughly 1.5°C, while the CPU showed absolutely no influence of temperature at all. The only area I noticed a true increase in thermal activity was generally in the chassis itself. Temperatures rose above normal (roughly 8%, with a partially coated case) when under the stress of games and SiSoft Sandra's burn-in, although no drops in game play frame rates were noted.
Regarding the most important factor of this installation, noise, I was generally very impressed. Nearly all vibration from my DVD-RW and CD-RW drives was eliminated due to AcoustiPak's foam blocks. The improvement did not stop there however. While running the computer through various tests I noted the vibration on the upper part of the chassis prior to, and after, installation. Vibration on the top of the chassis (primarily the power supply unit) was completely cut off, consequently dampening the rattling of various components inside the PC (chiefly loose bits).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 2 [Closer Look]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Russia send gunslinging robot to pilot spacecraft into orbit
- Intel CPUs have serious bug: vulnerable to remote attacks
- AMD's next drivers will include OSD performance monitoring
- HP's new server rocks AMD EPYC CPUs, already breaks records
- PowerColor RX Vega 64 Red Devil: factory overclocked Vega
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ