Installing the foam blocks is a very straightforward process.
Although we placed the materials in logical and safe locations, I remain with unconditional beliefs that the temperatures of the motherboard, chassis and processor have risen. To monitor thermal activity, we installed Asus' PC-Probe utility and watched carefully as we browsed the Net and played a handful of CPU-intensive games. Subsequently, the temperatures inside my PC rose simultaneously. Noting these temperatures and then placing them in comparison to those prior to the installation of the AcoustiPak foam, I was greatly content.
The testbench machine's motherboard showed a mean increase of roughly 1.5°C, while the CPU showed absolutely no influence of temperature at all. The only area I noticed a true increase in thermal activity was generally in the chassis itself. Temperatures rose above normal (roughly 8%, with a partially coated case) when under the stress of games and SiSoft Sandra's burn-in, although no drops in game play frame rates were noted.
Regarding the most important factor of this installation, noise, I was generally very impressed. Nearly all vibration from my DVD-RW and CD-RW drives was eliminated due to AcoustiPak's foam blocks. The improvement did not stop there however. While running the computer through various tests I noted the vibration on the upper part of the chassis prior to, and after, installation. Vibration on the top of the chassis (primarily the power supply unit) was completely cut off, consequently dampening the rattling of various components inside the PC (chiefly loose bits).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 2 [Closer Look]
- AcoustiPak Deluxe - Page 3 [Installation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit