There are quite a few different cables here and it increased the flexibility of the power supply. I'm still not a fan of how they treated the PCI-E and EPS12V cables. Forcing them to share the same spot on the power supply limits the power supply a little bit in that you can't power four video cards and supply dual EPS12V cables to the motherboard.
I'm also not sure why the FDD connector isn't just an adapter. I've not seen one used in ages and I'm sure very few people using a power supply of this cable have any use for it. They are much more likely to need that second EPS12V connector along with their four video cards first.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
There isn't much passive cooling going on here as there are only one long and one short heat sinks present. Thankfully the design keeps clutter to a minimum and allows the air to penetrate deep to the PCB and move the hot air out of the unit.
Two Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors reside on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is filled with more Chemi-con caps.
FSP uses the Power Logic PLA13525S12M 135mm fan to provide all of the active cooling for the Aurum Pro 1000W.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EVGA announces GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE with 12Gbps GDDR5X
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti: arrives in October for $429
- TUNAI teases DRUM, high-res bass enhanced earphones
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower