SteelSeries Rival Optical Mouse
Looking at the Rival from the left, there are a few things to cover. The obvious one is the added side panels with aggressive texturing to deliver the best grip possible. The second is the notch in the side buttons that allows easy feel of where they are placed. The last is the tall arch of the design that leads to more of a claw grip position, as you need long hands to fit a relaxed one.
On the heel of the Rival is a large, what is now white, logo placed right in the center. As the top rubberized section meets the textured plastic below, there is a rubber insert that has the Rival name imprinted into it.
The right side of the mouse has a similar rubber pad applied for grip, but the shape of this side is much different, and while not offering a place for fingers to rest, the undercut and curves here make the Rival easy to handle.
The front of the mouse comes to a blunt end at the front. The lower section of plastic is slightly inset allowing a place for the USB cable to come from, right in the middle.
At the top of the mouse, between the large rubberized right and left click buttons, SteelSeries offers a rubber scroll wheel with a plastic center for illumination. Just behind that is the CPI button that will let you swap between two settings.
From the bottom, it is much easier to see the right handed offset as the front curves that way for a better fit to the hand. With a large sticker in the middle, just above the eye at the front, there are small jellybean shaped Teflon feet. At the back, the feet are larger, and placed more to the sides.
Since we all know what a plain black USB cable looks like, the focus is less on the USB 2.0 cable, and more the tag applied to it. Here it states that you will need to go and grab a download of the SteelSeries Engine to get the most out of the Rival.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series