The Build and Finished Product
With the motherboard now in place, and the PSU and wiring all tended to and run so that it will stay out of the way, we took this image to show this stage, as soon the view to this will be very limited. Oh, and yes, that is a Noctua NH-U14S in there with the fan pulling air through the cooler.
At this point, we have the BPU-230 in the 5.25" bays. The connections for it are thru to the back, and to the PSU, and motherboard. It is easy to see, even with so much in the S-35, there is plenty of room for everything, allowing sufficient airflow throughout the case.
Along with some basic chassis alignment issues, some shoddy workmanship here and there, and every edge in the chassis just waiting to draw DNA from you: things like their own bay device not aligning with the 5.25" bays, are just too much.
With some creative wiring, we were able to get a very clean looking build inside of this relatively compact chassis. We rerouted the power cable to allow the trio of SATA cables to have a place to tie to.
With everything now back in place, I do have to cover yet another issue. With the hot-swap bays in, and the cover for the extra 5.25" bay, we had to slam on the front panel to get it to fit around them. It did not matter if we reversed it either; it is almost like these parts are from two different manufacturers.
Once we get the S-35 and the BPU-230 powered up and all running just as a JBOD setup, all of the bays are functional, and currently display a green LED showing we are good to go. The green LED on the chassis is showing the power is on, and there is also another LED to show the fan is running.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 124 Switch games require paid subscription to play online
- Telltale Games shuts down, future games likely cancelled
- Capcom sell limited-edition classic Mega Man 2/X cartridges
- Intel increases 905P Optane SSD capacities to 1.5TB
- Soulcalibur VI trailer reveals Raphael, Prelude to Madness
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games