The Build and Finished Product
With the motherboard now in place, and the PSU and wiring all tended to and run so that it will stay out of the way, we took this image to show this stage, as soon the view to this will be very limited. Oh, and yes, that is a Noctua NH-U14S in there with the fan pulling air through the cooler.
At this point, we have the BPU-230 in the 5.25" bays. The connections for it are thru to the back, and to the PSU, and motherboard. It is easy to see, even with so much in the S-35, there is plenty of room for everything, allowing sufficient airflow throughout the case.
Along with some basic chassis alignment issues, some shoddy workmanship here and there, and every edge in the chassis just waiting to draw DNA from you: things like their own bay device not aligning with the 5.25" bays, are just too much.
With some creative wiring, we were able to get a very clean looking build inside of this relatively compact chassis. We rerouted the power cable to allow the trio of SATA cables to have a place to tie to.
With everything now back in place, I do have to cover yet another issue. With the hot-swap bays in, and the cover for the extra 5.25" bay, we had to slam on the front panel to get it to fit around them. It did not matter if we reversed it either; it is almost like these parts are from two different manufacturers.
Once we get the S-35 and the BPU-230 powered up and all running just as a JBOD setup, all of the bays are functional, and currently display a green LED showing we are good to go. The green LED on the chassis is showing the power is on, and there is also another LED to show the fan is running.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ