The Build and Finished Product
With the motherboard now in place, and the PSU and wiring all tended to and run so that it will stay out of the way, we took this image to show this stage, as soon the view to this will be very limited. Oh, and yes, that is a Noctua NH-U14S in there with the fan pulling air through the cooler.
At this point, we have the BPU-230 in the 5.25" bays. The connections for it are thru to the back, and to the PSU, and motherboard. It is easy to see, even with so much in the S-35, there is plenty of room for everything, allowing sufficient airflow throughout the case.
Along with some basic chassis alignment issues, some shoddy workmanship here and there, and every edge in the chassis just waiting to draw DNA from you: things like their own bay device not aligning with the 5.25" bays, are just too much.
With some creative wiring, we were able to get a very clean looking build inside of this relatively compact chassis. We rerouted the power cable to allow the trio of SATA cables to have a place to tie to.
With everything now back in place, I do have to cover yet another issue. With the hot-swap bays in, and the cover for the extra 5.25" bay, we had to slam on the front panel to get it to fit around them. It did not matter if we reversed it either; it is almost like these parts are from two different manufacturers.
Once we get the S-35 and the BPU-230 powered up and all running just as a JBOD setup, all of the bays are functional, and currently display a green LED showing we are good to go. The green LED on the chassis is showing the power is on, and there is also another LED to show the fan is running.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The PC game store wars begin
- NieR: Automata's 2B arrives in Soulcalibur VI on December 18
- Anthem: Legion of Dawn Edition Trailer - Armor & Story
- New Mortal Kombat 11 image leaks, Kombat Pass 6 DLC fighters
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate weekly events: Spirits & More
- HyperX Savage EXO Portable SSD Review
- AM1H-ITX will not turn on what do I do next?
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender