As the second part to the combo, we were also sent this BPU-230. Along with the image of the device off to the right, at the bottom, it tells us that this is a hot-swap drive enclosure, designed for compact and embedded storage applications.
Spinning the packaging around, we find that this BPU-230 is 146mm wide, 202mm deep, and stands 86mm tall. We can also see that this device is designed for SATA drives.
Inside of the packaging, the BPU-230 is surrounded in high density foam. Along with the bays comes paperwork, screws to mount drives in one bag, screws to mount this into a chassis in another bag, and three SATA cables with clips on the connections.
The front of it is made of solid bits of black plastic, like the thin left side, and the right side with the reset and individual drive power buttons. In the middle, there are three trays with tinted plastic covers. To the left are the buttons to open each tray. There are also locks offered for each tray.
After checking with the NAS guys (even though I don't have the foggiest idea of what the jumpers and switches are for), I was told this is typical of what NAS bays like this offer. In the middle of the back of this bay, there is an 80mm fan to keep the drive inside of it cool.
The right side is where the connections are made for the BPU-230. Two bays have SATA power next to the SATA connections, while the third offers only the transfer cable pot. You will also need to add two Molex connectors at the top to gain full functionality of this device.
I do not suggest the removal of the back plane, but this was the only way to get a clear look at it. Things seem pretty straight forward here, with the controller IC at the top, and switches and LED power leads running from the right side of the PCB.
This is just one last shot of the BPU-230 before we load it up with drives, and attempt to add this into the S-35 for our final build.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series