Packaging and Hardware
The iStarUSA S-35 arrived in some very thick and stout packaging. While they used a plain cardboard packaging with black printing on it to lessen the cost, they simply offer a pair of stripes, the S35 name, and the statement that this is a "compact stylish 3 X 5.25" bay Mini-ITX NAS tower.
This panel simply changes the angle of the stripes, and shows that this chassis is made in China at the bottom left corner.
On the back, we find a match to the front panel.
The last panel is pretty plain as well, but at the bottom there are chassis dimensions, and the gross weight of the S-35 with the packaging included.
As we typically would, we opened the top and flipped the box to let the chassis slide out. With the S-35, there was hardware loose in the box, but due to the thick plastic liner, no damage was done to the chassis. Also, on top of using double thick cardboard, high density foam is used to make sure any bumps along the way won't damage the chassis inside.
All of this kit comes in one of the two included bags. There are two wire tie points with adhesive on them, and the expansion slot cover at the top. In the middle are the four plastic feet with gold trim, and foam pads at the bottom. The last row offers standoffs, ODD screws, fan screws, motherboard / expansion slot screws, and a pair of extra screws we found no use for, much like the standoffs.
The other bag that is inside of the box, offers a pair of wire tie strips, and a power cord for the included 200W power supply. They do not ship any instructions, but the chassis is built and used pretty intuitively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ