Packaging and Hardware
The iStarUSA S-35 arrived in some very thick and stout packaging. While they used a plain cardboard packaging with black printing on it to lessen the cost, they simply offer a pair of stripes, the S35 name, and the statement that this is a "compact stylish 3 X 5.25" bay Mini-ITX NAS tower.
This panel simply changes the angle of the stripes, and shows that this chassis is made in China at the bottom left corner.
On the back, we find a match to the front panel.
The last panel is pretty plain as well, but at the bottom there are chassis dimensions, and the gross weight of the S-35 with the packaging included.
As we typically would, we opened the top and flipped the box to let the chassis slide out. With the S-35, there was hardware loose in the box, but due to the thick plastic liner, no damage was done to the chassis. Also, on top of using double thick cardboard, high density foam is used to make sure any bumps along the way won't damage the chassis inside.
All of this kit comes in one of the two included bags. There are two wire tie points with adhesive on them, and the expansion slot cover at the top. In the middle are the four plastic feet with gold trim, and foam pads at the bottom. The last row offers standoffs, ODD screws, fan screws, motherboard / expansion slot screws, and a pair of extra screws we found no use for, much like the standoffs.
The other bag that is inside of the box, offers a pair of wire tie strips, and a power cord for the included 200W power supply. They do not ship any instructions, but the chassis is built and used pretty intuitively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics come to Nintendo Switch
- EK Water Blocks launches next-gen Velocity CPU water blocks
- Bethesda boss talks next-gen Xbox and PS5 consoles
- MSI Afterburner v4.6.0 beta 9 supports NVIDIA Turing GPUs
- SpaceX plans first private customer for Moon trip in 2023
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- x299 Taichi XE vs Formula OC usb controllers 2 or 3?
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement