Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Powered by a 600MHz processor, the XS712T is the first 10GBase-T Smart Switch designed for SMB use. Advanced L2+ features give network administrators features not available on unmanaged products. Depending on need, the XS712T works well as core switch for SMB networks or as an aggregation switch in the middle of a medium sized network.
Going into the review, I found the XS712T with more features than I initially assumed. Netgear optimized the new ProSAFE family of products for converged networks where voice, data, and video flow over the same network. Auto VoIP prioritization eases office configuration and takes the complexity out of building a converged office. The L2+ rating means this switch pulls a handful of Layer 3 features.
As mentioned in the introduction, we managed to find the ProSAFE XS712T for $1661.99 at Newegg. This is less than the MSRP and much less than any competitor's 10GbE 12-port solution. If you are looking for the absolute best price, Amazon has the switch for as low as $1507.50 at the time of writing.
Netgear covers the unit with a lifetime warranty as long as you are the original purchaser and purchased the switch from an authorized dealer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Netgear ProSAFE XS712T]
- Page 5 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - IXIA IxChariot Throughput]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - IXIA IxChariot Response Time]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft nixes VR plans for Xbox, says PC is best platform
- NVIDIA CEO giveaway: 20x TITAN V CEO Edition 32GB HBM2 cards
- Cyberpunk 2077 won't have any loading screens
- Remedy wants to make Alan Wake 2
- Cyberpunk 2077 uses next-gen engine technology
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Asus X401A Laptop will not boot despite several replaced components -- Second attempt
- DDR4-3400 - Ryzen 7 1800x & Ryzen 7 2700x - X370 & X470
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit