Hardware Specifications and Pricing
Powered by a 600MHz processor, the XS712T is the first 10GBase-T Smart Switch designed for SMB use. Advanced L2+ features give network administrators features not available on unmanaged products. Depending on need, the XS712T works well as core switch for SMB networks or as an aggregation switch in the middle of a medium sized network.
Going into the review, I found the XS712T with more features than I initially assumed. Netgear optimized the new ProSAFE family of products for converged networks where voice, data, and video flow over the same network. Auto VoIP prioritization eases office configuration and takes the complexity out of building a converged office. The L2+ rating means this switch pulls a handful of Layer 3 features.
As mentioned in the introduction, we managed to find the ProSAFE XS712T for $1661.99 at Newegg. This is less than the MSRP and much less than any competitor's 10GbE 12-port solution. If you are looking for the absolute best price, Amazon has the switch for as low as $1507.50 at the time of writing.
Netgear covers the unit with a lifetime warranty as long as you are the original purchaser and purchased the switch from an authorized dealer.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Netgear ProSAFE XS712T]
- Page 5 [Configuration Menus]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - IXIA IxChariot Throughput]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - IXIA IxChariot Response Time]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower