Now that we have the board built, let's take a closer look at its features. Looking at the populated side of the board we will notice the power supply circuit as well as the reset region and programming ports. The power supply can receive input in several different ways, including a CR232 battery holder, JST connector, screw terminals, or a DC barrel jack that comes with the kit. Programming can be accomplished via the supplied 10-pin ISP port or via the 6-pin ISP ports that will need to be populated with header pins. In this section of the board we also see the AVCC Block, LED power indicator, and the External Timer.
Also located in this half of the board are the port headers that have not been broken out. The user is left to decide whether he would like to populate with male or female headers, or if they would like to straight wire to the prototyping area.
Moving over to the other half of the board we find what makes this board special. Protostack's development boards feature the largest prototyping areas of any development board I have ever seen. The area functions much like a breadboard does, in that strips of six holes are connected to each other, allowing up to five separate connections to the same component lead. The board features 80 of these strips that are surrounded by power and ground rails. The holes are drilled on a standard .100 pattern for compatibility with all DIP and most through-hole packages. You will notice that each of the board's microcontroller ports also features this strip design.
Around the edge of the board is the same power and ground rails that connect everything else, and also 3-hole strips. These holes are designed to be populated with board-to-board connectors which allow for efficient stacking of multiple boards. All of Protostack's development and prototyping boards feature these 3-hole strips for maximum compatibility. Additionally, you will notice six large holes spaced evenly on the edges of the PCB. These holes are designed to work with standard PCB stand-offs and provide both structural support and mounting points when stacking and placing the boards in projects.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate goes Hunger Games on Adult Swim
- Get schooled for our 'Night School' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019