Inside the Reaper
This is the section of the review where we go ahead and void the warranty of the device. The top of the Reaper is made of three sections with a large PCB attached to it. As for the lower section, it almost looks bare and dysfunctional with such a tiny PCB installed there.
You will need a long skinny screwdriver to access the #2 screw for removal of this painted, pot metal, palm plate. At this point you could paint it, or with the use of a scanner, this could also be replicated with 3D printer parts where one could add their own personal touches.
Looking back at the PCB that was mounted inside of the top of the Reaper, it's apparent they have used it for LED lighting and placed the switches onto it. This is also where the MCU is located.
Gently persuading one of the LEDs out of our way, we find the Sonix SN8F2288FG. This is a 16-bit, 12MHz MCU that offers the 128kb of onboard memory to house various Macro and Profile settings. When that is full, you can save them on the PC and swap them in and out of memory.
While the DPI buttons are backed with smaller pad style switches, the page forward and page back buttons use white HC switches to take care of that functionality.
Under the left click buttons, Cooler Master offers the Omron D2FC-F-7N that delivers that solid feel we all like. It also delivers a long life of up to five million clicks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series