The other day we got a chance to check out the VisionTek R7 260X 2GB and took the time to overclock the model to see just what we could get out of the card. Today we're looking at another VisionTek card, although this one is part of the higher-end R9 series and is the 3GB 280X that we've grown to quickly love.
If you thought the amount of video cards we're going to be looking at in the coming weeks is going to slow down though, you'd be so wrong. AMD partners are extremely aggressive with the new models and there are just so many variations that we've got cards coming in on what almost feels like a daily basis.
We found ourselves pretty happy with what VisionTek did with the R7 260X 2GB and we're looking forward to seeing what they're doing with the larger and more powerful R9 280X 3GB. So, let's not delay any longer and get into the package to see just what VisionTek is offering us today.
Taking a look at the box, you can see the design is nearly identical to the lower-end R7 260X 2GB we looked at the other day. We've got a bright colored box which gives us the brand and model number on the front. You can also see some of the main features that in this case, again, include Lifetime Warranty and U.S. Tek Support - two features that really stand out to us. The back of the box then goes on to give us a bit more detail on the AMD specific features including: CrossFire, APP Acceleration, and Zerocore Power to name a few.
As for the bundle, you can see there's not a whole lot going on. Outside of the manual and driver CD, you can see we've got a DVI to VGA connector and two power convertors; one a dual Molex to 8-Pin PCIe connector and the other a single Molex to 6-Pin PCIe power connector.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 4]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Detroit: Become Human gets gold mastered, demo coming soon
- Lootbox and skin trade to make $50 billion by 2022
- Yakuza devs making new IP for SEGA
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit