Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering
Since the early days of the Radeon 9500 boards, AA has been the special area of the ATI based products. Even the newer versions of the nVidia product line are just now getting to an acceptable level of performance in this area.
Simply put, Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering are two methods of rendering the graphical output in a manner that gives a more realistic rendering of visual output. It gets rid of jagged lines and makes the overall appearance look like what you would see in a CG movie scene. The only problem with this is the performance hit you get when creating this improved visual scene.
So, knowing we'll be taking a performance hit, the goal is to be able to use these rendering techniques but still maintain a playable gaming scene without having a terrible frame rate.
So what better way to test this than to use the very same tests we used previously but with 4x AA and 16x AF? Here are the results:
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 3 [The Board]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 4 [Testing]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - AA/AF]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon