Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering
Since the early days of the Radeon 9500 boards, AA has been the special area of the ATI based products. Even the newer versions of the nVidia product line are just now getting to an acceptable level of performance in this area.
Simply put, Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering are two methods of rendering the graphical output in a manner that gives a more realistic rendering of visual output. It gets rid of jagged lines and makes the overall appearance look like what you would see in a CG movie scene. The only problem with this is the performance hit you get when creating this improved visual scene.
So, knowing we'll be taking a performance hit, the goal is to be able to use these rendering techniques but still maintain a playable gaming scene without having a terrible frame rate.
So what better way to test this than to use the very same tests we used previously but with 4x AA and 16x AF? Here are the results:
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 3 [The Board]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 4 [Testing]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - AA/AF]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- Ghost Recon Wildlands adds permadeath with 'Ghost Mode'
- Razer making Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite arcade sticks
- Windows 10 Pro for just $12.41, Office 2016 Pro only $28.10
- Gorilla Glass 6 engineered to 'survive multiple drops'
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit