Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering
Since the early days of the Radeon 9500 boards, AA has been the special area of the ATI based products. Even the newer versions of the nVidia product line are just now getting to an acceptable level of performance in this area.
Simply put, Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering are two methods of rendering the graphical output in a manner that gives a more realistic rendering of visual output. It gets rid of jagged lines and makes the overall appearance look like what you would see in a CG movie scene. The only problem with this is the performance hit you get when creating this improved visual scene.
So, knowing we'll be taking a performance hit, the goal is to be able to use these rendering techniques but still maintain a playable gaming scene without having a terrible frame rate.
So what better way to test this than to use the very same tests we used previously but with 4x AA and 16x AF? Here are the results:
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 2 [In The Box]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 3 [The Board]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 4 [Testing]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 9 [Benchmarks - AA/AF]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- Sapphire 9600XT - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- No, AMD didn't just drop the price of Radeon RX Vega 56
- 343i crunched hard for Halo 4 and Halo 5
- Bowser takes over Nintendo of America
- Top 10 Twilight Zone episodes
- New Twilight Zone trailer is full of classic throwbacks
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure