Zalman Reserator 3 MAX AIO CPU Cooler
The head unit of this system is round, but isn't the typical black plastic top we are used to seeing. With the Zalman version, you get a brushed aluminum rig on the outside, a ring of black plastic that has been designed to allow the blue LED to shine through it, and in the middle is a mix of black plastic and more brushed aluminum to deliver the Zalman name and the ring that surrounds it.
On the side of the head unit, most of what you find is flat and follows the round contour of the top. That is until you get to the tubing that has both ports being mounted to the head with just one screw, where many others screw in each side individually. The three pin power lead for the head unit also comes out just to the right to keep things cleaner when this is installed.
The base of the head unit is surrounded by a thick black plastic ring that appears to need some screws in it. Inside of that you will find the copper transfer plate that is currently protected with a thick sticker to keep the milled surface of the base from being damaged.
After removing the sticker you can see the milling marks are completely circular, and when you place a straight edge against this plate, there are high spots from the milling of course, but the center of this base is higher than the rest of the surface, helping to create a better mate with the CPU IHS.
Unlike other solutions that offer ten, even twelve inches of tubing and power leads, with this Zalman version, things are reduced to nine inches between the head unit and the radiator. This will clean up odd kinks of tubing from other designs, but will also limit how far away from the CPU you can install the radiator.
Speaking of the radiator, we now get to take our first look at it and get a better sense of what is going on. As this unit is shipped, a clear fan with nine blades is pre-installed to the center hub of the mounting frame, much like how any of their air coolers are treated.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower