Being our first ever SiS 655FX chipset board, we have a mixed bag of emotions. While it does give some good scores, its only flaw is the manufacturers adoption. Gigabyte are normally known for great featured boards with good overclocking, but this time they have let us down with a very mild range of overclocking options.
While most of us would tend to stay away from SiS chipsets after this review, we must remind you that this is only one board so far and we wouldn't judge the chipset on just this one board. However, a bit more research on the manufacturers side of things could have and would have made this a much more successful product.
Overall a good performing chipset was let down by a rather flawed overclocking and optimization side. If you are looking for value with a bit of kick, this is it. BUT overclockers beware, this board isn't for you.
Serial ATA RAID
Rather poor overclocking
Rating - 6.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 3 [Features]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark2002]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark2001SE]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Code Creatures]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Quake III Arena]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight II]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- Gigabyte 8S655FX Ultra - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Borderlands 2 is free-to-play and 75% off Steam this weekend
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Photo Backup and Build your own cloud with Synology
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit