Display and Speaker Quality
LG really smashed it out of the park with the 5.2-inch 1920x1080-pixel 'True HD-IPS' display - it truly is a work of art. I used the G2 as my daily driver for a week, and could barely take my eyes off the screen - it was that good.
This is even coming from the 2013 Nexus 7, which has a beautiful screen, too. The screen was actually quite visible out in broad daylight, but I feel this is another step that technology needs to take: providing full clarity in broad daylight - come on, LG/Samsung/Apple and co. Deliver!
At 100% brightness, it is absolutely gorgeous. It is hands-down one of the best displays I've ever seen. Even at half brightness, it's still easy on the eye, and right down at 40%, I could read it in the darkness of my bedroom at midnight, without straining my eyes, but the quality was still there.
The touch responsiveness on the screen is top notch, as you'd expect. I found no lag touching the screen whatsoever, but so I should with this type of device.
Moving onto the speaker, which I also found impressive. No smartphone speaker is going to blow you away, but the G2 does a good job at keeping your ears in a state of trance listening to some music.
When on a phone call and using speakerphone, the same experience is had. It's not perfect, but it's good enough if your hands are busy and you want to talk to someone hands-free. I do wish the speakers were front-firing, but that seems to be something that is in HTC's domain, for now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Unique Features]
- Page 5 [Performance and Camera Tests]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard