Display and Speaker Quality
LG really smashed it out of the park with the 5.2-inch 1920x1080-pixel 'True HD-IPS' display - it truly is a work of art. I used the G2 as my daily driver for a week, and could barely take my eyes off the screen - it was that good.
This is even coming from the 2013 Nexus 7, which has a beautiful screen, too. The screen was actually quite visible out in broad daylight, but I feel this is another step that technology needs to take: providing full clarity in broad daylight - come on, LG/Samsung/Apple and co. Deliver!
At 100% brightness, it is absolutely gorgeous. It is hands-down one of the best displays I've ever seen. Even at half brightness, it's still easy on the eye, and right down at 40%, I could read it in the darkness of my bedroom at midnight, without straining my eyes, but the quality was still there.
The touch responsiveness on the screen is top notch, as you'd expect. I found no lag touching the screen whatsoever, but so I should with this type of device.
Moving onto the speaker, which I also found impressive. No smartphone speaker is going to blow you away, but the G2 does a good job at keeping your ears in a state of trance listening to some music.
When on a phone call and using speakerphone, the same experience is had. It's not perfect, but it's good enough if your hands are busy and you want to talk to someone hands-free. I do wish the speakers were front-firing, but that seems to be something that is in HTC's domain, for now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Look and Feel]
- Page 3 [Display and Speaker Quality]
- Page 4 [Unique Features]
- Page 5 [Performance and Camera Tests]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Skyrim composer raises hand for Lord of The Rings TV show
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card