Router Setup and Management Interface
When first connecting to the router, you will be greeted by the setup menu. You can also access it via 192.168.3.1 or setup.ampedwireless.com. The unit comes with SSIDs secured from the factory, so you can do your initial setup wirelessly.
Walking through the menu system, be sure to plug all cables in at this point and double check your wireless antennas.
If you so choose, you have the option of using manual setup to configure your router to your needs or automatic where the router does everything for you.
Setup takes approximately 20 seconds to complete after which the router is ready to go.
The 5 GHz settings menu allows you to change SSIDs, what bands to broadcast on, in addition to the channel width 20, 40 or 80MHz.
Advanced settings for the 5 GHz band allows you configure Tx beamforming, among others.
Moving to the wireless coverage menu item, you will find you can adjust the output power of the 5 GHz band.
Looking at the smart features, we find the option to block and filter websites.
You can configure your USB storage within the local sharing menu, additionally you can choose to setup an FTP server right on the router.
Firewall settings open up options for port filtering and port forwarding. Additionally, you will find DMZ and Virtual LAN options within this menu.
As of late, in the high-end of the consumer space, routers have begun to offer VLAN support. VLANs allow you to split or separate your network. One example would be to setup two VLANs in a home office environment to keep PCs that do not belong to the office off the same network.
Within the management menu, you can view network statistics, manage your dynamic DNS and upgrade firmware.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Amped Wireless RTA15 Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata's 2B arrives in Soulcalibur VI on December 18
- Anthem: Legion of Dawn Edition Trailer - Armor & Story
- New Mortal Kombat 11 image leaks, Kombat Pass 6 DLC fighters
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate weekly events: Spirits & More
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 1.2.0 changes: Matchmaking/fighters
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender