Amped Wireless RTA15 Router
The Amped Wireless RTA15 arrived in an inviting package. On the front of the box there is an image of the router with claims of "longest range" and in bold lettering the use of its high power amplifiers at 700mw.
Internally the router was packaged in an egg crate material, which is pretty standard as far as routers go. Included we found setup instructions, along with disk to get us going.
The scope of delivery for the Amped RTA15 includes the power adapter, stand and three high gain antennas. The three antennas are numbered and require you to match them to the appropriate port on the back of the router.
The Amped Wireless RTA15 carries a high gloss exterior with the company logo placed in the center. Below you will find a set on nine LEDs to denote router activity across wireless, wired Ethernet and USB storage.
The back of the router is labeled and color coded for easy setup. The modem port is colored blue, while the remaining gigabit switch ports are green. The three wireless connections for the antennas are label 1, 2 and 3. Additionally, we have a WPS button and reset switch next to the USB storage port.
The internals of the RTA15 features a Realtek processor at the center operating at 660MHz. To the left, we have the RTL8367 switch that offers a 5 + 2 port configuration.
To the top, circled in red, we have the 5 GHz radio and four 26dbm amplifiers. In blue, we have the 2.4 GHz radio, along with two 28dbm amplifiers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Amped Wireless RTA15 Router]
- Page 3 [Router Setup and Management Interface]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Wired Throughput]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Wireless Range]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Link Speed By Location and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series