Offering up several new embedded NAS appliances, Thecus has opened a few doors for SOHO users to claim what was once an expensive endeavor. With each of these new units and more specifically the N4560 having such a low entry price, in addition to its low power consumption (depending upon chosen drives), Thecus has positioned these units perfectly, giving SOHO users added value as TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) comes into play.
The build quality of the N4560 was quite compelling, whereas the N2560 was a completely unique build in design and craftsmanship, I see the N4560 as more of a traditional unit from Thecus. Materials like steel and aluminum are found where plastics were used in the N2560, this certainly gives the N4560 a bit more heft, and thus the feel of a durable unit.
Performance was quite good, in fact, I'm itching to get ahold of some new Marvell based units to see how well the N4560 compares to those solutions. If history tells us anything, than the N4560 should fare quite well.
Pricing on the N4560 in its diskless configuration comes in at $449.99 (down from $519.99 at launch), with a two year warranty from Thecus.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdom Hearts honors 90 years of Mickey Mouse with trailer
- PES 2019 demo will be released on PC/consoles on August 8th
- Kong: Skull Island director discusses possible Zelda movie
- Blizzard teams with Hasbro for Overwatch Nerf toy guns
- Ion Maiden delayed to 2019
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit