Desktop Test System
For testing today, we're using one of our SSD test systems, but for the installation we're using a Rosewill RSV-L4000 rackmount case. The reason for this is because all of our tower case have tabs that block the Icy Dock FatCage MB155SP-B from installing.
The FatCage fits nicely in our Rosewill RSV-L4000 and adds five removable 3.5" drive bays. This case doesn't have any external drive bays so the Fat Cage makes swapping drives much easier.
With the camera turned we see how the FatCage would look in an upright desktop. The FatCage takes up three 5.25" bays and gives you five 3.5" form factor slots.
The SATA power and data connectors installed.
To install a drive you must first install it in the carrier. To get started you need to remove the black spacer.
With the spacer discarded the drive slides between the metal tray sides that act as rails.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass announced, full reveal at E3
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 6GHz with LN2 cooling
- Will Halo 6 be revealed at E3 2018?
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL $14 ($12.36 after code)
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit